Catch up on the latest Maryland business news.
Maryland business successes:
- During this year’s third quarter, Maryland companies received $89 million in investments from venture capitalists. Nationwide, this ranks the State 8th for number of deals and 13th in dollars invested, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- Rockville tech company Motionsoft has received a $600,000 investment from the Maryland Venture Fund. Learn more about the round on MDBizNews.
- Four cities in Maryland are listed among the highest tech acquirers since 2012. See which cities made the list on CityBizList Baltimore.
- A new study by WalletHub has ranked Maryland as the third wealthiest State in the country. Additionally, Maryland ranked first place in overall income. Learn all the details on MDBizNews.
- Google has named Annapolis the strongest online business community in Maryland. Read how Annapolis won the eCity title on Google’s Economic Impact page.
- The $200 million proton therapy center at the University of Maryland, Baltimore is well on its way, the Baltimore Business Journal reports. The center will begin treating patients in October 2015.