Catch up on the latest Maryland business news.
Maryland business successes:
- High-end automaker BMW has reached a five-year deal with the Port of Baltimore, continuing an estimated $2.5 billion import operation. A new BMW processing center will also create 200 jobs, the Baltimore Sun reports.
- Veteran-owned Diversified Packaging Products, Inc. on the Eastern Shore was awarded a $20,000 interest-free loan from a collaborative Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) program. Learn more about the program that made it possible on MDBIZ News.
- The vision for Sparrows Point’s redevelopment is moving closer to reality. Baltimore County Government describes the plans and their progress.
- Take a first look inside Amazon’s new 1 million-square-foot facility in Baltimore City with the Baltimore Business Journal.
- The Star-Spangled Spectacular wrapped up this week, but what will be the economic impact? The Baltimore Sun compares the event’s performance to past attractions.